Texas Jury Awards VirnetX $302M in Trial Against Apple
- October 7, 2016
A Texas jury has issued a verdict against Apple in a lawsuit brought by VirnetX Inc., finding that the company infringed a pair of patents (7,418,504; 7,921,211) through its FaceTime feature (6:10-cv-00417). The September 30 verdict included a $302M damages award that covered FaceTime, as well as Apple’s VPN on Demand feature, which had been the subject of another infringement verdict handed down earlier in this same case. The current verdict comes after a late July win for Apple in another suit (6:12-cv-00855) brought against it by VirnetX; there, a Texas judge reversed a $625M jury verdict and granted Apple a new trial.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics