Google Files DJ Action Against InfoGation After HTC, Huawei, and ZTE Sued over Maps App
- October 12, 2016
Google has filed a complaint against InfoGation Corporation (3:16-cv-05821), seeking a declaratory judgment that Google and its Android OEM partners do not infringe a single patent (6,292,743) generally related to producing navigation guidance from turn-by-turn directions generated from natural language output. The lawsuit comes in response to three cases brought by the NPE against HTC (3:16-cv-01902), Huawei (3:16-cv-01903), and ZTE (3:16-cv-01901) in July, which alleged that the companies’ Android smartphones infringe the ‘743 patent through their inclusion of Google Maps. Those proceedings remain in initial pleadings.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics