Following Recent Victories in the US, Finjan Expands Its Anti-Malware Campaign in Germany
- October 18, 2016
Finjan, Inc., a subsidiary of publicly traded Finjan Holdings, Inc., has filed a third patent infringement suit against Blue Coat Systems, this time in Germany. Finjan’s latest suit, filed on October 14 in the German District Court of Dusseldorf, asserts a European patent (EP 0 965 094) generally related to anti-malware technology–the same patent the NPE asserted in a July suit in Germany against ESET. This week’s filing follows a failed attempt by Blue Coat to overturn a jury’s $39.5M verdict against the company in another suit brought by Finjan in the US. It also comes less than a month after a California jury awarded Finjan $15M in damages in a trial against Sophos.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics