Following Alice Setbacks, NPE Adds New Patents to Connected Car Campaign
- October 17, 2016
Inventor-controlled NPE West View Research LLC has filed a new suit against BMW (3:16-cv-02590), asserting two more patents from the same inventor (9,299,053; 9,412,367) after all but two of the patents in its first case against the carmaker were ruled invalid under Alice. At issue in this latest complaint are newer versions of the connected car systems targeted in the earlier lawsuit, including BMW’s iDrive, and the companion mobile apps used in conjunction with those products.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics