Inventor-Backed NPE Takes Aim at Robust Contact Lists, Hitting Microsoft in West Virginia
- October 28, 2016
Gastroenterologist-controlled Mira Advanced Technology Systems Inc. has filed a new lawsuit against Microsoft (2:16-cv-00088). The complaint alleges that Microsoft infringes a single patent (8,848,892) through provision of a Windows Phone software feature that records and presents a memo reminder associated with a contact. The ‘892 patent generally relates to storing, for later presentation, a “conversation point for a future phone call” in association with an entry in a list of contacts. It belongs to an eight-patent family, other members of which generally relate to linking information with a contact list for use and presentation on a mobile device.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics