Claim Construction Order Entered, Four New Defendants Added, and Eight IPRs Filed in 511 Innovations Campaign
- October 29, 2016
Inventor-controlled 511 Innovations, Inc. has expanded its optical measurement campaign, filing suit against Lenovo (Motorola Mobility) (2:16-cv-01198), LG Electronics (LGE) (2:16-cv-01197), Pantech (2:16-cv-01199), and Sony (2:16-cv-01200). The new complaints assert five (6,307,629; 7,110,096; 7,397,541; 8,472,012; 8,786,844) from among the eight (6,490,038; 6,915,955; 7,113,283) patents-in-campaign, which all belong to a 67-member family. As with the NPE’s complaint against Apple, filed this past August, the accused products are various mobile phones. This expansion follows a burst of activity in the campaign, with the Texas district court issuing a claim construction order and Samsung filing eight petitions for inter partes review (IPR), one each challenging a patent-in-suit before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics