LG Electronics/Innotek and Lexington Luminance Lock Horns Before the PTAB and in District Court
- October 29, 2016
A February 2015 Federal Circuit opinion reversing a Massachusetts district court’s construction of several claim terms in the lone patent (6,936,851) brought the campaign of Lexington Luminance LLC back to life. Litigation resumed in separate cases brought against Amazon and Google, leading to recent dismissal in each case, and so far in 2016, the NPE has added cases against three more defendants: Samsung (2:16-cv-00169, filed in February 2016), TCL (1:16-cv-11458, filed in July 2016), and LG Electronics and LG Innotek (1:16-cv-12175, filed in October 2016). The ‘851 patent generally relates to improving the manufacture of light-emitting diodes (LEDs). Defendants’ mobile phones, tablet computers, televisions, and/or other electronic devices have been at issue throughout the campaign.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics