WiLAN Sub Introduces New Patent to Litigation with Suit Against Advanced Semiconductor Engineering
- November 2, 2016
North Star Innovations Inc. closed out October 2016 with one more suit in its campaign targeting semiconductors, memory products, and media devices. On October 28, the Wi-LAN Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary sued Advanced Semiconductor Engineering (ASE) (4:16-cv-00827), accusing the company of infringing a group of four patents through the assembly and packaging of certain semiconductor products, including the Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 Processor, which the complaint says can be found “in many different smartphones and tablets, including the ZTE Speed smartphone”. (Neither Qualcomm nor ZTE is named as a defendant in the new suit, and neither company has yet been added to this campaign.) The complaint asserts four patents, all generally related to semiconductor fabrication, acquired from Freescale in October of last year.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics