California Judge Affirms Finjan’s $15M Verdict Against Sophos
- November 3, 2016
District Judge William Orrick has entered a judgment against Sophos, affirming a September jury verdict that the company directly infringed five Finjan, Inc. anti-malware patents (3:14-cv-01197). The October 31 judgment orders Sophos to pay $15M in damages and follows a failed attempt by Blue Coat Systems to overturn a jury’s $39.5M verdict against the company in a another suit brought by Finjan. For RPX’s past coverage of the verdicts against Sophos and Blue Coat Systems, see here and here, respectively.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics