California Judge Affirms Finjan’s $15M Verdict Against Sophos
District Judge William Orrick has entered a judgment against Sophos, affirming a September jury verdict that the company directly infringed five Finjan, Inc. anti-malware patents (3:14-cv-01197). The October 31 judgment orders Sophos to pay $15M in damages and follows a failed attempt by Blue Coat Systems to overturn a jury’s $39.5M verdict against the company in a another suit brought by Finjan. For RPX’s past coverage of the verdicts against Sophos and Blue Coat Systems, see here and here, respectively.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Finjan Software Ltd. v. Secure Computing Corporation et al
- Finjan Inc. v. McAfee Inc. et al
- Finjan Software Ltd. v. Aladdin Knowledge Systems Inc. et al
- Finjan, Inc. v. Fireeye, Inc.
- Finjan, Inc. v. Blue Coat Systems, Inc.
- Finjan, Inc. v. Websense, Inc.
- Finjan, Inc. v. Proofpoint, Inc. et al
- Finjan, Inc. v. Sophos, Inc.
- Finjan, Inc. v. Websense, Inc
- Finjan, Inc. v. Symantec Corp.