Suit Against Cablevision Follows a Settlement in Quantum Stream’s Content Distribution Campaign
- November 9, 2016
Following a settlement with DIRECTV in September, Quantum Stream, Inc. has filed its second infringement suit to date. On November 4, the NPE—which is a subsidiary of FORM Holdings Corp. (f/k/a Vringo, Inc.)—lodged a complaint against Cablevision (including CSC Holdings and Neptune Holdings) (1:16-cv-08604), accusing the company’s digital entertainment systems of infringing three content distribution patents (9,047,626; 9,117,228; 9,349,136). In particular, Quantum is targeting Cablevision’s Optimum brand of services and products, and set-top boxes manufactured by Atlanta Scientific or Samsung, and used in connection with Optimum TV, are referenced in the complaint (although neither company is named as a defendant).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics