ASUS and HP Are Latest Defendants in Long-Running Memory Devices Campaign
- November 11, 2016
Individual inventor James B. Goodman has added two more defendants to a litigation campaign that he started over ten years ago. The new complaints assert a single patent (6,243,315) against ASUS (4:16-cv-03232) and HP (4:16-cv-03195) over the manufacture and sale of computer products that contain certain memory devices. The ‘315 patent generally relates to volatile memory systems having the capability to retain some data during low power situations. As has been the case throughout this campaign, which has now hit over 25 defendants, Goodman accuses the products of infringement through compliance with relevant JEDEC standards.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics