Japanese Named Inventor Forms NPE in Texas to Sue Camera Makers in New York
- November 17, 2016
An inventor-controlled NPE calling itself “HS Asset and Technology, LLC” (HSAT) has sued Canon, Olympus, and Sony, targeting the companies’ digital cameras with a single patent (9,264,614). The ‘614 patent generally relates to a digital camera with a rotary switch. It issued directly to its sole named inventor, Hidehiko Nakajimo, a resident of Japan, who is the NPE’s registered manager. The complaint identifies the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II, several Olympus Stylus models, and several Sony Cyber-shot RX10 cameras as accused products.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics