Venadium Adds Five More Defendants to Its Refocused Campaign
- November 17, 2016
Venadium LLC, an affiliate of IP Edge LLC, has added five more cases to its sole litigation campaign, suing Expedia (Hotels.com) (5:16-cv-00174), Groupon (5:16-cv-00173), Kayak (5:16-cv-00175), New Avon (5:16-cv-00172), and Redfin (5:16-cv-00176). The NPE continues to assert a single, former Xerox patent (6,330,549), generally related to limiting software to authorized use, against the cryptographic protocols (e.g. RSA, Diffie-Hellman, and HMAC) during the login process for the defendants’ websites. This approach marked a shift, begun this past July, away from infringement theory in the first wave of lawsuits, filed in July 2015, which targets Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics