Limited PTAB Reprieve Helps IP Edge Financial Institutions Campaign Limp Along After Earlier Fatal Cut-and-Pastes
- December 2, 2016
Ruby Sands LLC has filed five new cases in the litigation campaign that it began roughly one year ago. The NPE, an affiliate of patent monetization firm IP Edge LLC, has accused Amarillo National Bank (2:16-cv-01304), Cadence Bank (2:16-cv-01305), Falcon International Bank (2:16-cv-01306), First Financial Bank (2:16-cv-01307), and First National Bank Southwest (2:16-cv-01308) of infringing the sole patent-in-campaign (6,891,633), which generally relates to image transfer. The accused products throughout the campaign have been mobile banking apps. The new complaints attempt to avoid pleading inadequacies that proved fatal to some of Ruby Sands’s earlier cases, in part by focusing direct infringement allegations on the defendants’ testing and employee use of mobile devices implementing the accused software and in part by cutting and pasting with greater care.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics