Hybrid Audio Seeks Limited Damages from Another Round of Defendants in Its MP3 Standard Campaign
- December 2, 2016
Hybrid Audio LLC has added another round of defendants in its litigation campaign seeking limited past damages for infringement of a single expired, reissued, and re-examined patent (RE40,281). The ‘281 patent is alleged to be essential to the MP3 standard for processing audio information, and the new complaints target computing devices that use the standard made and/or sold by Archos (1:16-cv-12424), Cowon Systems (1:16-cv-12423), Creative Technology (1:16-cv-12422), iRiver (1:16-cv-12421), JVC Kenwood (1:16-cv-12420), and Western Digital (SanDisk) (1:16-cv-12419).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics