Accessories for Apple Portable Devices at Issue in New Data Storage Device Campaign
Two companies that sell specialized cases and memory devices made for use with Apple’s iPhones and other portable devices have been sued for alleged infringement of a single patent (8,879,246) generally related to peripheral data storage devices. MobileExp, LLC filed individual complaints against Mophie (2:16-cv-01340) and Western Digital (2:16-cv-01339), identifying Mophie’s “Space Pack” case and Western Digital’s SanDisk-branded iXpand Flash Drive and iXpand Memory Case as the accused products.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics