WiLAN’s North Star Opens Up a Second Front Against Toshiba
Wi-LAN, Inc., through its subsidiary North Star Innovations Inc., has filed a second case against Toshiba (1:16-cv-01113) in 2016, again asserting patents (7,171,526; 7,573,416) received from Freescale in a much larger transfer in October 2015. In February of this year, North Star asserted other former Motorola/Freescale patents against Toshiba as part of a larger string of litigation that has now hit two dozen defendants, including Amazon, Canon, Fujitsu, HP, HTC, Microsoft, Sharp, and UMC, among others. The ‘526 patent generally relates to memory controllers and is asserted against Toshiba laptops (e.g. Protégé Z30 Ultrabook Laptop). The ‘416 patent generally relates to signal conversion with low power control and is asserted against Toshiba memory products (e.g. THGBX6T0T8LLFXF 15nm TLC 128 Gbit NAND Flash).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Nanya Technology Corp. U.S.A. et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Toshiba Corporation et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc.
- North Star Innovations, Inc v. Etron Technology America Inc
- North Star Innovations, Inc v. Elite Semiconductor Memory Technology Inc et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Sharp Corporation
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Fujitsu Ltd. et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Sony Interactive Entertainment America LLC et al
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- North Star Innovations Inc. v. Amazon.com, Inc.