Texas NPE Steps on the GAS, Expanding Case Against Sprint into a Mobile Hotspot Campaign
- December 2, 2016
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: Mobile Communications and Devices, Networking
General Access Solutions, Ltd. (GAS) has turned a suit from earlier this year, against SOFTBANK (Boost Mobile, Sprint, Virgin Mobile) (2:16-cv-00465), into a campaign with new complaints filed against LG Electronics (2:16-cv-01349), Novatel (2:16-cv-01350), Pantech (2:16-cv-01348), and Xiaomi (2:16-cv-01351). The NPE has asserted a patent, generally related to a wireless communications system, not previously seen in litigation. GAS has identified as accused products the defendants’ smartphones and tablets providing mobile hotspot functionality. These new complaints mark a shift in focus for the NPE.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!