Paluxy Messaging Doubles the Number of Defendants in Its New Voicemail Services Campaign
- December 9, 2016
Paluxy Messaging, LLC has added four more defendants to its new litigation campaign: Altice (Cequel (d/b/a Suddenlink)) (6:16-cv-01356), Charter Communications (6:16-cv-01357), RingCentral (6:16-cv-01354), and Vonage (6:16-cv-01355). A few days earlier, the newly formed NPE started the campaign with cases against 8×8, Longview Cable Television, Nextiva, and ShoreTel. All eight complaints assert a single patent (8,411,829) generally related to a messaging system that separately transmits copies of recorded messages. The NPE accuses the defendants of infringement through the provision of voicemail services. The ‘829 patent issued in April 2013 with five named inventors, including James D. Logan, a prolific inventor and the founder of multiple operating companies and NPEs, and Charles Call, an Illinois patent attorney named with Logan on several of his patents.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics