Inventor Edward Balassanian, Through Implicit, LLC, Revives a Second Litigation Campaign
- December 9, 2016
Near the beginning of 2016, inventor Edward Balassanian revived one of his two prior litigation campaigns by asserting five patents against Ericsson, Huawei, NEC, Nokia, and Trend Micro in complaints filed by an entity under his control, Implicit, LLC. The plaintiff in the earlier campaign, Implicit Networks, Inc., was also controlled by Balassanian. Now, Balassanian has repeated the exercise, reviving through Implicit, LLC the second campaign litigated through Implicit Networks back in 2009-2010. Implicit has filed suit against Huawei again (6:16-cv-01358), this time asserting two patents (6,507,349; 8,046,687) generally related to manipulating the display of information without using “separate controls”. Balassanian accuses Huawei of infringement through touchscreen options (e.g. volume control for videos) available on tablets and smartphones made and sold with the company’s Emotion user interface (versions 1.0-5.0).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics