Capturing the Villains Who Escaped from Cloudcracker Prison Infringes Toy Patent, Alleges New NPE
Interactive ToyBox, LLC has filed suit against Activision Blizzard (1:16-cv-01305), alleging infringement of a single patent (6,471,565) through the sale of “Starter Packs” associated with the Skylanders game series. The ‘565 patent generally relates to a toy with multiple pieces that interact with a microprocessor through communications broadcast in defined frequencies. The accused product is a game that includes a tablet, a base station called a “Portal” (including an RFID reader), and multiple figurines (containing passive RFID tags) that communicate with one another in order to help the player capture the villains (or “Doom Raiders”) that have apparently escaped from Cloudcracker Prison.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics