WiLAN Reboots Its October Speech Recognition Campaign
- December 16, 2016
In late October, the sole litigation campaign of Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary IPA Technologies Inc. came to an abrupt halt when the NPE voluntarily dismissed, without prejudice, cases that it had filed two weeks earlier against Acer, ASUS, Dell, HP, and Toshiba. Two patents (6,523,061; 6,742,021) from a family of nine generally related to speech recognition and operation of “electronic data sources” had been asserted against the defendants’ manufacture and sale of various desktop, laptop, and/or tablet computers that use Microsoft’s Windows 10 and include the company’s Cortana digital assistant. IPA has now rebooted the campaign with three new suits, one each against Alco Electronics (1:16-cv-01169), DISH Network (1:16-cv-01170), and HTC (1:16-cv-01171).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics