Texas Jury Issues $7.3M Verdict Against Apple in Core Wireless Suit
- December 16, 2016
On December 15, a jury in the Northern District of California found that Apple has infringed two wireless communications patents (6,477,151; 6,633,536) through its mobile devices, awarding Luxembourg-based Core Wireless Licensing S.a.r.l. $7.3M in damages (5:15-cv-05008). Thursday’s decision comes after a recent win for Apple against Ameranth, Inc. related to another lawsuit involving iOS; see “Federal Circuit Expands Alice Invalidation of Ameranth Patents in Apple CBM Reviews” (December 2016).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics