TnT IP Affiliate Sues Huawei and LG Electronics over BlackBerry USB Power Patents
- December 22, 2016
Fundamental Innovation Systems International LLC (FISI) has filed its first litigation, asserting a group of USB charging patents, acquired from BlackBerry late last year, against Huawei (2:16-cv-01424) and LG Electronics (LGE) (2:16-cv-01425). Each defendant is accused of infringement through the provision of devices that offer USB fast charging, which allows connected devices to draw more power than the USB specification typically allows. LGE is alleged to infringe four of the patents in FISI’s portfolio (7,239,111; 7,834,586; 8,232,766; 8,624,550) through the provision of mobile devices, monitors, and chargers offering such features, while Huawei is accused of infringing those same patents plus a fifth (7,893,655) through its own mobile devices and chargers.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics