Inventor-Controlled NPE Continues Texas Wave of Search Campaign Following Dismissals
- December 22, 2016
Vilox Technologies LLC, a Texas-based NPE managed by inventor Joseph De Bellis, has filed suit against MindGeek (2:16-cv-01278), accusing the company of infringing three patents (6,760,720; 7,188,100; 7,302,423) that generally relate to online, “on-the-fly” searching, where queries can be modified during the query using certain categories or keywords. At issue in the MindGeek complaint is the search functionality offered on several of the company’s websites, which offer various types of adult content.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics