Empire Affiliate Reboots Home Security Campaign
- December 29, 2016
Script Security Solutions LLC has filed seven new cases in its home security campaign, the Empire IP LLC affiliate’s third wave of litigation and its first new suits since June 2015. The NPE’s latest complaints target Bot Home Automation (2:16-cv-01401), Canary Connect (2:16-cv-01402), Guardian Protection Services (2:16-cv-01404), Logitech (2:16-cv-01400), Netgear (2:16-cv-01403), Protect America (2:16-cv-01405), and Vector Security (2:16-cv-01406). Each defendant is alleged to infringe two patents (6,542,078, 6,828,909) generally related to a portable alarm system with motion sensors that can wirelessly communicate alarm conditions, along with sensor identification information (e.g. the door or window to which the sensor is attached), to a remote host. Guardian Protection Services and Vector Security are further accused of infringing a third patent (7,113,091) with similar subject matter. At issue in these latest cases are home security systems allegedly offering the claimed features.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics