Inventor-Controlled NPE Sues Vizio Over Display Circuitry Patent
Texas-based NPE Phenix Longhorn, LLC has filed suit against Vizio (6:17-cv-00010), accusing the company of infringing a single patent (7,233,305) generally related to an integrated circuit for LCD color correction. At issue in the complaint are Vizio televisions with LCD panel modules made by AU Optronics that include an allegedly infringing timing control board (a component that controls the data signal received by a display and regulates the display’s refresh rate). While this is Phenix Longhorn’s first litigation in its own right, the NPE’s California-based parent, Phenix, LLC, previously asserted the ‘305 patent in a single case against Exar and subsidiary Integrated Memory Logic (IML) (6:15-cv-00436).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics