WiLAN Sub Adds Shaghal to Wireless Communications Campaign
- January 13, 2017
Anton Innovations Inc., a subsidiary of Wi-LAN Inc. (WiLAN), has added Shaghal (d/b/a Ematic) (8:17-cv-00043) to its sole litigation campaign, accusing the company of infringing four wireless communication patents (5,854,985; 6,134,453; 6,934,558; 7,386,322). At issue in the complaint are various Ematic e-book readers and tablets with Wi-Fi modules that utilize multiple wireless protocols (e.g. 802.11a, b, g, and/or n) and frequencies, including chipsets made by Realtek. This is the NPE’s first new litigation since it began the campaign in October with a suit against MiTAC (Getac) (8:16-cv-01850), asserting the same four patents against the company’s notebooks and tablets. That lawsuit remains in initial pleadings.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics