WiLAN Continues Revival of Speech Recognition Campaign with Suit Against ZTE
- January 13, 2017
Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary IPA Technologies Inc. has added ZTE (1:17-cv-00025) to its speech recognition campaign, following a wave of December filings against Alco Electronics (1:16-cv-01169), Amazon (1:16-cv-01266), DISH Network (1:16-cv-01170), HTC (1:16-cv-01171), and TCL (1:16-cv-01236). ZTE is accused of infringing two patents (6,523,061; 6,742,021) generally related to speech recognition and the “navigation” of “electronic data sources” through the provision of Android smartphones and tablets offering Google’s Now virtual assistant.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics