WiLAN Sub Adds Sony to Speech Recognition Campaign
- January 20, 2017
Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary IPA Technologies Inc. has added Sony (1:17-cv-00055) to its speech recognition campaign, accusing the company of infringing three patents (6,523,061; 6,742,021; 6,757,718) through various Android-based products offering Google’s Now virtual assistant, including smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs, as well as through its Android Wear smartwatches. This latest case follows another filed on January 10 against ZTE (1:17-cv-00025), which is alleged to infringe the ‘061 and ‘021 patents through its own Android smartphones and tablets with Google Now.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics