Rothschild Revives Media Transfer Campaign with Suits Against Mobile Device Makers
- January 27, 2017
Display Technologies, LLC, one of the many NPEs controlled by inventor Leigh M. Rothschild, has rebooted its sole litigation campaign with four new lawsuits against BLU Products (2:17-cv-00067), HTC (2:17-cv-00070), LG Electronics (2:17-cv-00069), and ZTE (2:17-cv-00068). The companies are accused of infringing a single media transfer patent (9,300,723) related to the one asserted in previous lawsuits (8,671,195), which targeted makers of Wi-Fi-enabled digital cameras and related image transfer apps (C&A IP Holdings, JK Imaging, Ricoh, GoPro) along with providers of software allowing media transfer and streaming (NVIDIA, Sony, Samsung, Valve). At issue in the new complaints are Android-based smartphones offering Android Beam, a file-sharing feature that uses near-field communications (NFC) to initiate Bluetooth file transfers to another device.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics