Hybrid Audio Adds Five New Defendants to MP3 Standard Campaign
- January 27, 2017
Hybrid Audio LLC has added another round of lawsuits to its sole litigation campaign, accusing Acer (1:17-cv-10113), Bose (1:17-cv-10116), Garmin (1:17-cv-10118), Lenovo (1:17-cv-10120), and Logitech (1:17-cv-10122) of infringing an expired, reissued patent (RE40,281) generally related to digital signal processing. The plaintiff alleges that the ‘281 patent is essential to the MP3 audio standard and accuses the new defendants of infringement through the provision of devices utilizing that format. These latest suits follow three cases filed on January 6 against Delphi Automotive (1:17-cv-10030), Sharp (1:17-cv-10026), and VOXX Electronics (1:17-cv-10031), each of which remains in initial pleadings.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics