Patents Received from HPE Asserted Against Networking Defendants, Hitting Eight at the Top of the Alphabet So Far
A Texas NPE, Plectrum LLC, has kicked off a new litigation campaign with cases filed this past week against Arista Networks (4:17-cv-00076), Brocade (4:17-cv-00077), Cisco (4:17-cv-00078), Extreme Networks (4:17-cv-00079), Facebook (4:17-cv-00081), Fortinet (4:17-cv-00082), Huawei (4:17-cv-00083) and Juniper Networks (4:17-cv-00084). The complaints assert three networking patents (5,978,951; 6,205,149; 6,751,677) assigned to Plectrum by HP Enterprise (HPE) in a September 2016 transaction, recorded on December 12, that also included at least three other networking patents (6,115,379; 6,172,980; 6,185,214), not asserted in these new suits. The accused products are switches and routers for all three patents, with the defendants also accused of infringing the ‘677 patent through the provision of firewalls. All three patents are asserted against all defendants but Facebook, against which only the ‘951 and ‘149 patents are at issue. It would appear additional suits are to follow in the coming days, as Plectrum appears to be filing in alphabetical order, currently stopped at “j”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Plectrum LLC v. Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Plectrum LLC v. Extreme Networks, Inc.
- Plectrum LLC v. ARISTA NETWORKS, INC.
- Plectrum LLC v. Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.
- Plectrum LLC v. Fortinet, Inc.
- Plectrum LLC v. Facebook, Inc.
- Plectrum LLC v. Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Plectrum LLC v. Huawei Technologies USA, Inc.
- Plectrum LLC v. AT&T Inc. et al
- Plectrum LLC v. F5 NETWORKS, INC.