In New Suit, Millennium Commerce Turns Focus from Retailers to POS Terminal Provider First Data
- February 2, 2017
Unlike the other two cases in its campaign, accusing retailers TGI Friday’s and Whole Foods Market of infringement through their use of point-of-sale (POS) terminals, the new suit (2:17-cv-00083) brought by Monument Patent Holdings, LLC subsidiary Millennium Commerce, LLC directly targets one manufacturer of such terminals, Clover Network. The NPE’s new complaint accuses Clover, and its parent First Data, of infringing the sole patent-in-campaign (7,954,701), which generally relates to a point-of-sale terminal that processes “cash back” transactions, through the manufacture and sale of its various terminals, including Clover Mini, Clover Station, and Clover Mobile.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics