WiLAN Sub Accuses More Devices with Google Now/Voice Actions Feature of Infringement
- February 10, 2017
Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary IPA Technologies Inc. has filed new cases in its speech recognition campaign against Acer (1:17-cv-00119), ASUS (1:17-cv-00120), and LG Electronics (LGE) (1:17-cv-00121). The complaints assert two of the three patents already at issue in the campaign (6,523,061; 6,742,021) against the defendants’ mobile phones and tablet computers equipped with Google Voice Actions, which IPA alleges is a rebranding of the Google Now digital assistant, in place since July 2012. The Acer and ASUS cases are the second filed in the campaign against each of those two defendants, while the suit against LGE is the first.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics