Amazon Added to WiLAN Wireless Communications Campaign
- February 10, 2017
Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary Anton Innovations Inc. has filed suit against Amazon (8:17-cv-00216), asserting four wireless communications patents (5,854,985; 6,134,453; 6,934,558; 7,386,322) against the company’s Fire OS tablets, including the Fire HD. Anton alleges infringement through the tablets’ use of Wi-Fi modules capable of accessing multiple wireless protocols (e.g. 802.11a, b, g, and/or n) and frequencies, with exemplary chipsets made by Broadcom. Also at issue are the frequency- and protocol-agile cellular networking hardware utilized by certain Amazon tablets, such as 3G modules made by AnyData.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics