ZTE Added to USB Charging Campaign
- February 17, 2017
Fundamental Innovation Systems International LLC (FISI) has added a third case, this one against ZTE (2:17-cv-00124), to the campaign that it initiated late last year. As in the complaints filed in December 2016 against Huawei (2:16-cv-01424) and LG Electronics (LGE) (2:16-cv-01425), FISI’s new complaint asserts four former BlackBerry patents (7,239,111; 7,834,586; 8,232,766; 8,624,550), targeting devices that offer USB fast charging, which allows connected devices (mobile devices, monitors, chargers) to draw more power than the USB specification typically allows.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!