Daniel Perez’s Fleet Tracking Campaign Snags Four More Defendants
- February 17, 2017
The fleet tracking campaign of Orthosie Systems, LLC, a Texas-based NPE controlled by Daniel F. Perez, has expanded to include four additional defendants: Applus Technologies (4:17-cv-00080), Fortive (4:17-cv-00109), Mix Telematics (4:17-cv-00111), and US Fleet Tracking (4:17-cv-00095). The new complaints assert the same single patent (7,430,471) at issue in the other cases in the campaign, which now number close to three dozen. The ‘471 patent generally relates to vehicle monitoring, and the accused products are the defendants’ hardware and software systems that use GPS to track the locations of vehicles and other assets.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!