CyWee Files New Case Against Samsung on the Same Day It Settles with Apple
- February 17, 2017
On the same day of a dismissal in a case filed against Apple in April 2014, CyWee Group Ltd., a British Virgin Islands entity affiliated with Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), has filed a second suit asserting the same two patents (8,441,438; 8,552,978), this time against Samsung (2:17-cv-00140). The patents, the earliest two to issue from a family of three, generally relate to measuring, calculating, and outputting the movement of a device so that those movements can be translated to a two-dimensional screen. The accused products are certain Samsung smartphones and tablets.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics