Dominion Continues to Assert Networking and Wireless Patents, Announces Acquisition of Former Kodak Patents, All Received from IV
- February 19, 2017
Blue Sky Networks, LLC, a subsidiary of Monument Patent Holdings, LLC, has filed suit against BLU Products (1:17-cv-00125). The NPE’s complaint asserts seven former SBC/AT&T patents (6,484,027; 6,865,372; 7,693,542; 7,885,684; 8,019,381; 8,265,691; 8,346,169) from a larger family, all generally related to devices capable of communicating over both short- and wider-range cellular networks, and the accused products are certain mobile phones of BLU that use Bluetooth to discover nearby devices (e.g. a headset) for communication. Blue Sky is just one of several Monument NPEs to receive patents from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) over the past nine months, and it is not the first of these subsidiaries to launch litigation.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics