Number of Defendants in Plectrum’s Networking Campaign Tops a Dozen
- February 24, 2017
Plectrum LLC has added eight more defendants to the litigation campaign that it began earlier this month, suing AT&T (4:17-cv-00120), Broadcom (4:17-cv-00121), Comcast (4:17-cv-00123), F5 Networks (4:17-cv-00124), NEC (4:17-cv-00125), Nokia (4:17-cv-00140), Oracle (4:17-cv-00141), and Verizon Wireless (Cellco) (4:17-cv-00126). Three networking patents (5,978,951; 6,205,149; 6,751,677) are at issue in the campaign, with all three asserted against every new defendant except F5, as well as against most of the existing defendants: Arista Networks, Brocade, Cisco, Extreme Networks, Fortinet, Huawei, and Juniper Networks. The ‘677 patent is the only patent asserted against F5, while only the ‘951 and ‘149 patents were asserted in the earlier complaint filed against Facebook. The patents-in-suit were assigned to Plectrum by HP Enterprise (HPE) in a September 2016 transaction that included at least three other networking patents (6,115,379; 6,172,980; 6,185,214), not asserted in the campaign.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics