Monument Sub Landmark Networks Sues Sony
- February 24, 2017
Landmark Networks, LLC, a subsidiary of Monument Patent Holdings, LLC, has filed a second case to the litigation campaign that it began in December 2016, adding Sony (6:17-cv-00107) to prior defendant Valve (6:16-cv-01382). Both complaints assert two patents (6,018,720; 6,856,966) generally related to accounting for the purchase and delivery of a product (here, gaming software) over a network. The NPE accuses the defendants of infringement through the operation of their entertainment platforms (PlayStation/PlayStation Store and Steam, respectively). Valve has filed a motion to dismiss for improper venue (explicitly to preserve its rights in advance of a US Supreme Court ruling in the TC Heartland case) or, in the alternative, to transfer venue to the Western District of Washington, which, Valve notes, is connected to Japan by multiple direct flights to Seattle.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics