IP Edge Affiliate’s CRM Software Campaign Hits IBM and ServiceAide
- February 24, 2017
IBM (2:17-cv-00157) and ServiceAide (2:17-cv-00156) are the latest defendants to be added to the customer service management (CRM) software campaign of Mozly Tech LLC. The newest complaints assert the same patent (7,367,044), which is generally related to managing account permissions over a network of secure servers. Mozly Tech, an apparent affiliate of Texas patent monetization firm IP Edge LLC, accuses IBM of infringement through the provision of its Notes Traveler software and ServiceAide, through the provision of its Cloud Service Management Platform (acquired from CA Technologies in October 2016). A repeated motion attacking the ‘044 patent as patent-ineligibly directed to the abstract idea of “remotely storing contact information including telephone numbers for dialing” is pending before Magistrate Judge Roy S. Payne.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics