One NPE’s Apparent Clean-Up Activity Dominates Recorded Assignments During the First Half of February
- February 26, 2017
During the first half of February, RPX saw the recordation with the USPTO of multiple past assignments of patent assets to various NPEs, including multiple entities affiliated with California attorney Kevin Zilka’s Oso IP, LLC recording the past assignment of patent assets between them, assets originally received from Hard Data Factory (online data scraping), Go2 Media (mobile media), or InstantBull (content aggregation). As usual, several of the other noted transfers involved apparent affiliates of Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV), which records made available during this period reveal has received patent assets generally related to three-dimensional data modeling (received from DeltaSphere) and mobile payment platforms (received from Mocapay).
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics