After Fortress Takes the Reins, Inventergy Asserts Mobile Communications Patents Against Apple and HTC
- March 3, 2017
A couple of months after amending its October 2014 agreement with Fortress Investment Group LLC, Inventergy, Inc. has kicked off its first litigation campaign to assert patents that it received from Panasonic in December 2013. Two new cases, one each against Apple (1:17-cv-00196) and HTC (1:17-cv-00200), allege infringement of seven patents (6,466,563; 6,611,676; 6,760,590; 7,206,587; 7,760,815; 7,764,711; 7,848,439) through the manufacture and sale of mobile phones and tablets that use the mandatory portions of various mobile communications standards. Inventergy’s publicly traded parent (Inventergy Global, Inc.) has indicated in SEC filings that, under the “Restructuring Agreement”, Fortress has “the sole discretion to make any and all decisions relating to [Inventergy’s] patents and patent monetization activities” with certain exclusions.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics