Inventor-Controlled NPE Hits Amazon in New Device Management Campaign
- March 3, 2017
M2M Solutions LLC has started a new litigation campaign, accusing Amazon (1:17-cv-00202) of infringing three device management patents (8,504,007; 8,577,358; 8,577,359) through its Kindle ecosystem, including the company’s e-readers and the Whispernet content delivery network. The latter is alleged to infringe through the use of machine-to-machine, or M2M, communications to push content to Kindle devices. This is the second campaign waged by the NPE, which appears to be controlled by a husband-and-wife pair of inventors and has previously listed an address in the United Kingdom.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics