WiLAN’s Speech Recognition Campaign Grows for Fourth Month in a Row
- March 10, 2017
Lenovo (Motorola Mobility) (1:17-cv-00235) and Huawei (1:17-cv-00248) are the latest defendants to be added to the voice recognition campaign of Wi-LAN, Inc. (WiLAN) subsidiary IPA Technologies Inc. Like the complaints filed last month against Acer, ASUS, and LG Electronics, the new ones assert two of the three patents already at issue in the campaign (6,523,061; 6,742,021) against mobile phones and tablet computers equipped with Google Voice Actions, which IPA alleges is a rebranding of the Google Now digital assistant in place since July 2012. All cases in the campaign, which began with a false start in October 2016, are in the earliest stages in Delaware.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics