Quantum Stream’s Serial Litigation Rolls On with New Suit Against Charter
Quantum Stream, Inc., a subsidiary of FORM Holdings Corp. (f/k/a Vringo, Inc.), seems to be developing a familiar pattern, filing a new complaint against Charter Communications (1:17-cv-01696) on the heels of a dismissal (without prejudice) in the case that it filed in November 2016 against Altice (Cablevision). The same three content distribution patents are again asserted (9,047,626; 9,117,228; 9,349,136), with Charter accused of infringement through the provision of digital entertainment systems through various identified receivers, including those sold under the Arris, Atlanta Scientific, Cisco, and Motorola brands, among others.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics