InterDigital’s Q4 2016 Revenue Surges as Rebranded Tessera Reports Loss After DTS Acquisition
For the fourth quarter of 2016, InterDigital, Inc. has reported that its revenue more than doubled over the same period last year due to the signing of a key license agreement with Huawei, with net income more than four times higher than in Q4 2015. However, Tessera Holding Corporation recorded a loss for the fourth quarter of this year, citing costs related to its acquisition of DTS Corporation in December. In contrast with InterDigital, Tessera has increasingly sought to characterize itself as a product licensing company, announcing the day before its earnings report that it has rebranded itself as Xperi Corporation.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics