IPVal Affiliates Catonian IP and FigureFun Launch Network Access and Gaming Campaigns
- March 10, 2017
NPEs affiliated with IP Valuation Partners LLC (IPVal) have filed the patent monetization firm’s fourth and fifth new litigation campaigns of 2017. Catonian IP Management, LLC has asserted two patents (8,799,468; 9,465,925), generally related to regulating access to a “service provider network”, against the subscription and pay-per-view services of cable providers Altice (Cequel Communications) (2:17-cv-00190) and Charter Communications (Time Warner Cable) (2:17-cv-00191). Two days earlier, IPVal affiliate FigureFun LLC filed a case (2:17-cv-00182) against LEGO Systems and Warner Bros International Television, asserting two patents (7,001,276; 7,338,377) generally related to a gaming server and a gaming token with a built-in chip, respectively. The accused product in FigureFun’s suit is the Lego Dimensions toy set, which contains a base that includes an RFID chip.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics